Changing The Shape Of Comment Box In Excel
I don’t like ‘normal’. Anything that is common doesn’t excite me. And that part of my character also reflects in the way I use Excel. I always keep looking for ways in which I can make my worksheets stand out from those of others.
Excel is a very dynamic software, in the sense that you can customize it in almost any way you want to. Also, you can change most of the default settings in excel. Of course, you need to know how you can do this.
Today, let’s discuss one such way in which we can make our worksheets look different.
Did you know that we can actually change the shape of the comment boxes in excel? By default, the comment box is a boring rectangular shaped box. But we always have the option to change that shape.
Below are the steps to change the shape of comment box in Excel:
- Click the drop-down on the Quick Access Toolbar, and click ‘More Commands…’.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, go to ‘Choose commands from’ drop-down and select ‘Drawing Tools丨Format Tab’ (see screenshot).
3.Select ‘Change Shape’ in the list of commands, and then click ‘Add>>’ button to add it to the quick access toolbar.
4. Click ‘OK’ to close the ‘Excel Options’ dialog box. ‘Change Shape’ button will start to show in the Quick Access Toolbar.
5. Select the cell that contains the comment that you want to change the shape of.
6. Go to ‘Review’ tab in the main menu and select ‘Edit Comment’.
7. Then click the border of the selected comment.
8. Then on the Quick Access Toolbar, click the ‘Change Shape’ button, and select the shape that you want to use. The shape of the comment box will change to whatever shape you chose here.
Isn’t that cool?
Now you know one way you can make your worksheets look more interesting.
Please note that by using the steps above you can change the shape of only one comment box at a time. To change the shape of multiple comment boxes, you will need to repeat Steps 5 to 8 above for each comment box. I highly recommend watching the video for this tutorial to get more clarity.
If you found the post useful and interesting, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter etc. by using the buttons above and below the post.
To get such cool excel tips in your inbox you can subscribe to our newsletter by entering your name and email id in the subscription box below this post. You can also do the same by unlocking the video for this post by entering your name and email id.
See you soon with another amazing excel tip. Till then HAPPY EXCELLING!!
Get my ULTIMATE EXCEL SHORTCUTS COURSE
worth $40 for FREE!!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.